I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 26, 2017

Quickie Cards

I haven't had time to make a lot of cards lately, and the ones I make seem to be real quickies, so I haven't posted many of them. Then I thought that you probably have to make quick cards sometimes too...so here are a few I've made in the last week. They're not my best work, but they say I care. 

This first one is for my son. It's an extremely easy card. I used the ready made cards and envelopes from Michael's.
 (I usually buy a package of black cards and envelopes, and the cardstock set.  I have the off-white too, but find that I rarely use it). 

Basically, I cut a piece of Black and a piece of designer cardstock for the background.


Then I added this little car from the "A Proper Gentleman" paper stack. I may have placed it on the background a little too quickly! Lol...


I wrote "Happy Birthday" on it. I only have 1 or 2 good birthday stamps and I'm bored with them.


I thought I'd show you the inside. I covered the more personal sentiment, but wanted to show you that sometimes I add little sayings, words of encouragement, or whatever around the edge of the inset. My sons probably go "oh mom!!" but I can't help myself. Forever a mom of little boys, I guess. 

Here's another simple card I made up. This one I used some little houses I made up a while back. I thought I had shown you these, but I guess not. They were a fun project.


The background of the houses was overspray from other projects. They were shiny at first, but it's dulled a bit. Still cute though. I just drew all over them and literally played. So fun. 
In keeping with that theme, I decided to use black cardstock and a white pen and drew up the card. I hope she likes it. 

Then there's a little card I made for my grandson. He's just turning 3, so I wasn't too worried about detail. I used an SVG cut from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, whose cute little designs are adorable and completely affordable. I hope you'll check them out. I fussy cut them out because my cutter isn't working with my laptop right now. It was also a very quick card. 


It's hard to see here but I carefully rubbed on some light blue chalk for the sky. 
This set is called "Little Buggers." 

I drew in some grass. 

And I used pop dots for the glass jar. 

Now to send it all away. I have a gift for him, blankets for the other kids and a little bit of Valentine candy. Nothing too much, but something to let them know we love them. :-)

Well, that's it for today. The skies are still a bit somber, and the snow is on the ground, although melting - ever so slowly. Lol. The sooner spring is here, the better in my opinion. 

Have a good day~
Blessings,
Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Terrific cards. They may be simple to you but they look spot on to me

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Carmen - I particularly like the houses one, great use of the over sprayed pieces, and I love your stem on the flower.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!